Engaging in the arts and creativity can encourage a healthy lifestyle as well as support major health and social challenges. Engaging in nature shows similar advantages. Indianapolis Art Center offers both to our community in the Marilyn K. Glick School of Art and our 9.5 acres of ARTSPARK.
Your support is vital in making these experiences possible. Your gift makes a creative impact by enabling us to:
• Ensure that our studios are safe, well-equipped, and inspiring creative spaces.
• Offer 750 studio art class options (in-person and online), serving 4,500 students of all ages and abilities.
• Present 20 contemporary art exhibitions annually (at no charge to the public).
• Provide four award-winning outreach programs bringing art to youth in Indianapolis.
• Keep ARTSPARK clean and safe for our community.
OMNIBUS APPROPRIATIONS AND EMERGENCY CORONAVIRUS RELIEF ACT (2021 COVID RELIEF PACKAGE)
On January 4, Congress passed the 2021 COVID-relief package, which includes many tax provisions INCLUDING the reestablishment of the $300 above-the-line deduction for 2021 and permits a $600 deduction for couples filing jointly in 2021. The bill also extends for one year the increased limits on deductible charitable contributions for individuals who itemize and for corporations.
There are several ways to make a planned gift and have a lasting impact on the Indianapolis Art Center.
- Set aside a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate through a will or a living trust. (Bequest)
- Transfer your publicly traded Appreciated Securities (that you have owned for more than one year) to the Art Center. We sell the securities and keep the proceeds. You get an income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value AND avoid capital gains tax!
- Designate the Art Center as a life insurance policy or retirement plan beneficiary. (Your heirs will thank you for saving them from income/estate tax!)
- (Only for donors 70½ or older). Make a tax-free IRA charitable rollover gift directly to the Art Center (up to $100,000 per year) and avoid “double taxation” on the annual minimum required distribution (MRD).
Donors who make a planned gift in any amount with the Art Center are recognized through membership in the Renaissance Society. Planned gifts of $25,000 or more will be designated in the Renaissance Society as part of the Frank Springer Circle, which celebrates the legacy of the Art Center’s long-time board member and patron. During his life, Mr. Springer’s leadership was instrumental in the success of the Art Center, and his support continues today thanks to a generous gift from his estate.
To discuss planned giving options, please contact us at [email protected] or 317.255.2464.
There are many ways to give to the Indianapolis Art Center, including in-kind gifts. These can be as valuable to us as cash, and they are also fully tax-deductible. For more information or to make a donation, please contact us at [email protected] or 317.255.2464.
Optional email code