Click here to see a detailed list of new policies and procedures for each studio.
Indianapolis Art Center COVID-19 Update
At the Indianapolis Art Center, the safety and well-being of our visitors, students, and staff are our highest priorities. We hope that your involvement at the Art Center inspires your creativity, even at home.
This is why the Art Center is more than just a building—it is a vibrant community.
We are now offering interactive online programming for youth and teen camps and adult classes. We will also be making available curbside material kits so that you and your family can have the resources you need to make your online camp experience great. Our virtual camp offerings will begin in June and continue into July to coincide with our already fantastic on-site adult classes, camps, and Make It Take Its.
Along with the new additions of our online programming, we have been working to enhance our website with more interactive content, online exhibitions, and have increased our social presence to keep our audiences engaged and connected to us during this time. We will continue to create online content for you to enjoy as well as online and onsite experiences as we transition to a new future that surrounds us all.
We are taking the necessary actions to protect the safety of our patrons, students, and staff by adhering to the following precautionary measures:
- You must wear a mask while in the building. This includes every studio and all common areas.
- Studios are open for classes or by appointment only. If you would like to schedule a time to access the studio, please email, call, or visit Guest Services.
- All students and patrons are required to enter through the front entrance of the building (off of 67th Street) so that we can regulate and follow reduced capacity guidelines.
- Social distancing practices are in place.
- Directional routes and standing spaces have been clearly marked throughout the halls.
- Shields have been installed at Guest Services and the Library Coffee Bar.
- Restrooms are one occupancy use at a time.
- Building is routinely sanitized.
- Class sizes have been reduced.
- Studios have been reorganized to provide ample distance between students.
- Studios with shared equipment have policies in place to ensure equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Artwork drop-off and pick-up is by appointment only.
You can help the Indianapolis Art Center minimize the economic impact of cancellations and maximize our investments in our free community programs like ArtReach, ArtTroop, and year-round exhibitions with a contribution to the Art Center Relief Fundraiser. Thank you for your support during this challenging time for our organization and our community as a whole.
We are looking forward to returning to a new normal, whatever that may be. We look forward to seeing all of you whether it be in the building or on a screen. And when you are ready, we will be ready for you.
Be safe. Take care. We will see you soon.
P.S. Don’t forget that our 9.5 acre ArtsPark is always free and open to the public. Just make sure you practice your social distancing skills. So spread out, go for a walk, and enjoy the spring flowers and fresh air.
Optional email code