Indianapolis Art Center COVID-19 Update
At the Indianapolis Art Center, the safety and well-being of our visitors, students, and staff are our highest priorities. We hope that your involvement at the Art Center inspires your creativity, even at home.
This is why the Art Center is more than just a building—it is a vibrant community.
We are now offering interactive online programming for youth and teen camps and adult classes. We will also be making available curbside material kits so that you and your family can have the resources you need to make your online camp experience great. Our virtual camp offerings will begin in June and continue into July to coincide with our already fantastic on-site adult classes, camps, and Make It Take Its.
Along with the new additions of our online programming, we have been working to enhance our website with more interactive content, online exhibitions, and have increased our social presence to keep our audiences engaged and connected to us during this time. We will continue to create online content for you to enjoy as well as online and onsite experiences as we transition to a new future that surrounds us all.
We want to assure our community that when our doors open back up to the public, we are taking the necessary actions to protect the safety of our patrons, students, and staff by adhering to the following precautionary measures:
- Directional signage in and around the building
- Directional routes and standing spaces clearly marked throughout the halls
- Social distancing practices will be in place
- Masks are required for patrons, staff, and students
- Shields installed at Guest Services and the Library Coffee Bar
- Restrooms will become one occupancy use at a time
- Building routinely sanitized
- Onsite classes and camps will have reduced class sizes
- Studios will be reorganized to provide ample distance between students
- Studios with shared equipment will have policies in place to ensure equipment is cleaned and sanitized after each use
- Artwork drop off and pick up will be by appointment only
Timeline for Reopening:
- May 18: Limited staff will return to prepare the building, studios, and the Library Coffee Bar before the public opening.
- June 14: Building opens to the public at 50% capacity. The Library Coffee Bar reopens.*
July 4: Building fully reopens.*
*Dates are contingent on the recommendations and mandates of the CDC, WHO, and our City and State Government.
You can help the Indianapolis Art Center minimize the economic impact of cancellations and maximize our investments in our free community programs like ArtReach, ArtTroop, and year-round exhibitions with a contribution to the Art Center Relief Fundraiser. Thank you for your support during this challenging time for our organization and our community as a whole.
We are looking forward to returning to a new normal, whatever that may be. We look forward to seeing all of you whether it be in the building or on a screen. And when you are ready, we will be ready for you.
Be safe. Take care. We will see you soon.
P.S. Don’t forget that our 9.5 acre ArtsPark is always free and open to the public. Just make sure you practice your social distancing skills. So spread out, go for a walk, and enjoy the spring flowers and fresh air.
Optional email code