Artwork Above: Interconnectivity by David Halladay, Best of Show from the 81st Annual Student Show
Opening Reception . December 13 . 6-9 PM
Exhibition will be on display December 13, 2019 - February 5, 2020
The 82nd Annual Student Show exhibition is the largest juried exhibition of work made by our students.
Each year more than 400 works are submitted and only some of the works are selected by the judges to be displayed. The result is a breathtaking sampler of creativity and skilled artistic work from all walks of life, spanning years and years of art education inside the Indianapolis Art Center building.
This exhibition opening is free and open to the public. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
Submit Your Artwork - December 5-7
Deliver Artworks and Completed Form
Thursday, December 5, 9 am-7 pm
Friday, December 6, 9 am-7 pm
Saturday, December 7, 9 am-4 pm
Please bring your artwork and form to the Churchman-Fehsenfeld Gallery. Stations will be set up to direct you through the application process.
Acceptance Email Notifications Sent to Adults
(Award winners will receive a second email with details on the awards ceremony.)
Monday, December 9*
*Please Note: This email will be populated to a large audience. All efforts must be made to check your spam folder for a missed email before calling. Please refrain from calling or emailing until Tuesday, December 10, in the case of not receiving notification. Thank you.
Pick up of Non-Accepted Work
Monday-Thursday, December 9-12, 9 am-7 pm
Other times by appointment.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
Friday, December 13, 6-9 pm (Awards Ceremony 6:45 pm)
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Pick up Work From Exhibition
Thursday, February 6-Saturday, February 8, 9am-7pm
Sunday, February 9, 12-6pm
Monday, February 10, 9-7pm
Other times by appointment.
Note: All works must have been made since January 1, 2018.
- Adults working at all levels are encouraged to apply for this competition. Enter works according to your level of experience - Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced, or Professional.
- Jurors will choose artworks for the exhibition from each adult division and works will be juried against other works in the same division.
- Jurors are asked to consider design skills, technical elements, presentation and expressive/imaginative/conceptual content of artwork.
- Jurors will keep a balanced show in mind, but are not required to select a specific quota in each division or medium.
- Jurors will determine award winners. Award winners will be notified by email before the Awards Ceremony.
- Indianapolis Art Center students ages 2-17 are eligible for the Youth Division (Artists ages 17-18 who have taken adult-level classes may elect to apply to the appropriate adult category for jurying).
- All eligible youth artworks will be accepted. All 2D work must be framed.
- All youth participating will be awarded a Certificate of Participation during the Awards Ceremony at the exhibition opening reception.
- Youth Juror determines additional awards. Award winners will be notified by email before the Awards Ceremony.
- Each youth may submit 2 works.
Must be a current member of the Indianapolis Art Center. Memberships can be purchased or renewed at time of entry.
- $35 non-refundable entry fee for up to two entries
- $5 per additional entry
- $5 for up to two entries (maximum allowed is two - all youth work is accepted)
The Adult Divisions are juried and competitive. The number chosen for display is limited. Thursday, November 7, 7-8:30pm, three judges of both the Adult and Youth Divisions will provide a presentation and Q&A on their work and what they will be looking for when judging. The Annual Student Show Juror Presentation and Q&A will provide a positive opportunity for education and give students insight into the minds of the jury.