Opening Reception . December 14 . 6-9 PM
Exhibition will be on display December 14, 2018 - January 30, 2019
Submit Your Artwork - December 6-8
Deliver Artworks and Completed Form
Thursday, December 6, 9 am-7 pm
Friday, December 7, 9 am-7 pm
Saturday, December 8, 9 am-4 pm
Please bring your artwork and form to the Churchman-Fehsenfeld Gallery. Stations will be set up to direct you through the application process.
Acceptance Email Notifications Sent to Adults
(Award winners will receive a second email with details on the awards ceremony.)
Monday, December 10*
*Please Note: This email will be populated to a large audience. All efforts must be made to check your spam folder for a missed email before calling. Please refrain from calling or emailing until Tuesday, December 11, in the case of not receiving notification. Thank you.
Pick up of Non-Accepted Work
Monday-Thursday, December 10-13, 9 am-7 pm
Other times by appointment.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
Friday, December 14, 6-9 pm (Awards Ceremony 6:45 pm)
Saturday, January 30, 2019
Pick up Work From Exhibition
Thursday, January 31-Saturday, February 2, 9am-7pm
Sunday, February 3, 12-6pm
Monday, February 4, 9-7pm
Other times by appointment.
Note: All works must have been made since January 1, 2017.
- Adults working at all levels are encouraged to apply for this competition. Enter works according to your level of experience - Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced, or Professional.
- Jurors will choose artworks for the exhibition from each adult division and works will be juried against other works in the same division.
- Jurors are asked to consider design skills, technical elements, presentation and expressive/imaginative/conceptual content of artwork.
- Jurors will keep a balanced show in mind, but are not required to select a specific quota in each division or medium.
- Jurors will determine award winners. Award winners will be notified by email before the Awards Ceremony.
- Indianapolis Art Center students ages 2-17 are eligible for the Youth Division (Artists ages 17-18 who have taken adult-level classes may elect to apply to the appropriate adult category for jurying).
- All eligible youth artworks will be accepted. All 2D work must be framed.
- All youth participating will be awarded a Certificate of Participation during the Awards Ceremony at the exhibition opening reception.
- Youth Juror determines additional awards. Award winners will be notified by email before the Awards Ceremony.
- Each youth may submit 2 works.
Must be a current member of the Indianapolis Art Center. Memberships can be purchased or renewed at time of entry.
- $35 non-refundable entry fee for up to two entries
- $5 per additional entry
- $5 for up to two entries (maximum allowed is two - all youth work is accepted)
The Adult Divisions are juried and competitive. The number chosen for display is limited. Thursday, November 1, 7-8:30pm, three judges of both the Adult and Youth Divisions will provide a presentation and Q&A on their work and what they will be looking for when judging. The Annual Student Show Juror Presentation and Q&A will provide a positive opportunity for education and give students insight into the minds of the jury.